Instructional Student Support Services

Disability Services - Special Populations

Students who have disabilities, are academically or economically disadvantaged, are majoring in nontraditional programs for their gender, or have English as a second language are considered Special Populations students. They should see one of the specialists listed below - located on both the Kilgore and Longview campuses.

Apply for Special Populations Support Services at Kilgore College

Qualifications for Special Populations support services:

One or more of the following:

  • Individuals with disabilities
  • Individuals from economically disadvantaged families
  • Individuals preparing for nontraditional training and employment
  • Single parents, including single pregnant women
  • Displaced homemakers
  • Individuals with limited English proficiency

Office Locations:

  • Kilgore: Devall Student Center, second floor
  • Longview: Room 104 in the Hendrix Building; Room 101 in the Longview North Building


Special Populations

Services Offered and Requirements of the Program

Services Offered:

  • Assistance with child care, textbook, gas assistance
  • Part-time employment
  • Referral to community resources
  • Tutoring and study skills assistance-Partnership with Student Success
  • Advising and personal counseling
  • Aptitude and interest assessments
  • Career planning, job readiness and placement services
  • QUEST advisement
  • ADA Services-Test Proctoring
  • Professional Development
  • Equipment for workforce programs
  • Nontraditional student advisement/mentoring

NOTE: Services are limited to Special Population students and Career Technical Students.

The program requirements are:

  • Career/Technical major
  • Full-time student
  • Show financial need
  • 2.0 GPA – progress to completion
Support for Special Populations Students

Kilgore College offers support services to students who are career technical majors, are classified as a special population, and have economic need. Special population students include single parents, displaced homemakers, persons with disabilities, students in majors non-traditional for their gender, limited English proficiency and academically disadvantaged students.

Qualified students may apply for assistance with childcare, textbook lending and transportation prior to the beginning of each semester. Special Populations Students are eligible for walk-in tutoring services while they are enrolled in courses at KC. For additional information contact the Director of Instructional Student Support Services at (903) 236-2030.

Disability Services for KC Students

The college provides services to students with documented disabilities. For information, visit the Disability Disability Services webpage.

For information about Special Populations:

Ebony Dennis
Instructional Student Support Services
(903) 236-2030
KC-Longview North Bldg. (LN) 101
Hollyann Davis
Coord. of Disability Services, Counselor
Special Populations
(903) 983-8682
Devall Student Center (DSC), 2nd Floor
Sandy Teel
Assistant Coordinator, Special Populations
Kilgore College-Longview
(903) 236-2029
Mary Stephens
Assistant Coordinator
Instructional Student Support
(903) 236-2031
Kory Kimble
Disability Services Assistant, Interpreter
Coord. of Deaf and Hard of Hearing
(903) 988-3780
Devall Student Center (DSC), 2nd Floor