What is Go Week?
- Go Week is a program at Kilgore College aimed at helping first-time college students become successful in the college environment.
- Go Week's goal is a three-day series of classes offered at both the Kilgore and Longview campuses just before school starts in the fall.
- Classes will also be offered in money management, time management, life issues and library resources.
Who is required to attend?
- The GO Week program is required for first-time-in-college students who are not Texas Success Initiative (TSI) complete.
- TSI gauges whether or not a student will need developmental courses in reading, English or math.
- NOTE: If you haven't received a Go Week class schedule AND you are (1) a first-time college student and (2) not TSI complete, please call the KC Counseling Center at (903) 983-8206.
What are the goals?
- Go Week's goal is to help first-time college students who are not TSI complete to improve their reading, English and/or math skills.
- The goal is that Go Week participants will be able to either place out of developmental classes by the end of the week or at least improve their skills in the developmental classes that are required for them.
When is it?
- Go Week 2014 is set for Aug. 20-22, 2014, in Kilgore.