Performance scholarships are given to students involved in a fine/performing arts program at KC that include: Visual Art, KC Band, Cheerleader, Communications, KC Choral/Vocal, Strings, Dance, Piano, Rangerettes, Theatre and KC Twirlers.
Visual Arts Scholarships:
The Kilgore College Art Scholarship is designed to attract students who possess outstanding talent and ability to Kilgore College. To apply the student may contact the Kilgore College Visual Arts Chairman, Larry Kitchen,(903) 983-8166 or Carolyn Fox-Hearne at (903) 983-8128 or send an e-mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
High school seniors must meet the following criteria.
- Enhanced ACT composite score of 21 or SAT composite of 820 or higher.
- High school average of 85 or higher
- Class rank of top 50 percent
Students currently enrolled at KC must meet the following criteria:
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA on at least 12 hours per semester
- Be enrolled in at least one art class
- Maintain a “B” average in all art classes
- Application deadline is March 15
Interested students should directly contact Melissa Haden at (903) 983-8134 or e-mail her at email@example.com.
- Must be graduating senior in spring semester of application or…
- Must maintain a 2.5 GPA with a minimum of twelve (12) hours
- Submit a transcript for proof of eligibility in order to tryout
- Attend workshop the day before tryouts or…
- Compete in tryouts
For information on Journalism and Communication Scholarships, call (903) 983-8194 to apply.
Seniors must meet the following criteria:
- Enhanced ACT composite score of 21 or higher or SAT composite of 900 or higher
- High school average of 90 or higher
- Deadline to apply is March 15
- Currently enrolled students at KC must meet the following criteria:
- Maintain at least a 2.75 GPA on at least 12 hours a semester
- Be an active member of The Flare or Ranger Yearbook staff
- Maintain at least a 3.25 GPA in all communications courses
- The Dance Department at Kilgore College offers an intensive program in ballet, modern dance, tap and jazz. Interested parties should call (903) 983-8633.
- Dance students are required to take all the dance courses offered each semester
- Students are required to maintain a 2.5 GPA with a minimum of 12 hours
- Students must audition in mid April
- The scholarship is renewable for four semesters upon meeting requirements
Kilgore College offers Band, Choral/Vocal, Strings and Piano scholarships.
All of the music programs require the following criteria:
- Each requires participation in at least one ensemble relating to the area offering the scholarship
- Scholarships are contingent upon the individual students’ musical accomplishments, (all region/all area/all state)
- An audition will be set up by the respective department staff
- Students must maintain a 2.5 GPA with at least 12 hours
- Students’ schedule must include at least two non-music academic classes
The Band Director is Glenn Wells. Interested students should directly contact him at (903) 983-8272 or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Band scholarships are available to incoming students with the additional criteria
- Any student graduating in good standing from their high school bands
- A letter of recommendation from the high school band director is required
The contact person for the choral/vocal scholarship is Jim Taylor. His telephone number is (903) 983-8122 or you may e-mail him at email@example.com.
The contact person for the piano program is Sandra Siler. Her telephone number is (903) 983-8120 or you may e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Rangerette Director is Dana Blair. The Assistant Director is Shelley Wayne. You may contact them at (903) 983-8273 or e-mail them at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. You can download a Rangerette tryout packet from the Rangerette website.
- All Rangerette Hopefuls are required to complete Pre-Training prior to tryouts,
- Tryouts are held in a closed session at the end of July.
- There is a fee for room and board for pre-training. This payment is non-refundable.
- Scholarships are awarded after pre-training to those who are selected.
- Rangerettes must maintain a 2.5 GPA with a minimum of 12 hours.
KC Twirler Scholarships:
The KC Twirlers perform at athletic events and special performances with the KC Ranger Band. KC Twirler applications can be downloaded from the www.kilgore.edu web site. The KC Twirler instructor is Paige Keitt. Call her at (903) 657-9702 or email@example.com.
Agricultural scholarships are available. All interested students should call (903) 834-6255.
The contact person for the strings ensemble is Kevin Kelley. You may contact him directly at (903) 983-8123.