You have a right to know:
- What financial aid programs are available;
- The deadline for submitting applications for each of the programs;
- How financial aid will be distributed;
- How financial need is determined in general;
- Criteria for continued eligibility;
- The cost of attending Kilgore College;
- Resources considered in calculating the individual’s financial need;
- Refund Policy of Kilgore College;
- Financial aid disbursement procedures;
- What constitutes a "hold" on a student’s records and how it is removed;
- What portion of the financial aid received must be repaid and how that amount was determined;
- Source and amount of each type of aid which is offered;
- About the success rate of Kilgore College’s full-time, undergraduate students who graduate, complete a program of study or transfer out to another institution. Most Kilgore College students either take courses to enhance skills, or transfer to four-year institutions.
- About certain statistics, policies and a description of programs that promote campus safety. The Kilgore College Crime Report-2001 is available in the Vice-President’s office, campus police office, library, and the Financial Aid Office.
- The Satisfactory Academic Progress criteria and procedures for aid recipients, and appeal procedures for reversal of suspension status;
- The general conditions and terms under the college work study program.
Your responsibilities are to:
- Be the primary source for meeting the cost of education;
- Inform the Office of Financial Aid of any changes in enrollment status;
- Meet Satisfactory Progress criteria;
- Complete all application forms accurately and submit them on time;
- Provide correct information (misreporting information on financial aid forms is a violation of the law and may be considered a criminal offense which could result in indictment under the U.S. Criminal Code);
- Use financial aid funds solely for educational purposes;
- Promptly return all additional documentation, verification, corrections, and/or new information requested by the Financial Aid Office or the agency to which you submitted your application;
- Inform the Financial Aid Office and Admissions Office of any address or Social Security change;
- Read, understand, and keep copies of all forms that you are asked to sign;
- Inform the Financial Aid Office of any income change, including earnings, scholarships, etc.;
- Perform the work agreed on when accepting a Kilgore College Work Study award;
- Be aware of and comply with deadlines for applications or reapplication for aid.
In accepting financial assistance, you must comply with all responsibilities listed on this page. Failure to do so may result in the cancellation or reduction of assistance offered.
|Kilgore Campus: 1100 Broadway, (903) 984-8531
||KC–Longview Campus: 300 S. High, (903) 753-2642
Copyrights by Kilgore College, 2000 - 2014 Kilgore College, 1100 Broadway, Kilgore, Texas 75662-3204 | 903-984-8531
If you experience any problems with this page, please contact our webmaster
To unsubscribe from our newsletter, please click here