Site Tools
KC Maps | | |

Financial Aid


COLLEGE WORK STUDY - (903) 983-8210
VETERANS BENEFITS - (903) 983-8641
JOB PLACEMENT OFFICE - (903) 983-8678

Many students work to earn part of their educational expenses while they are attending school. There are several resources at Kilgore College that a student can utilize in finding a job. They are as follows:

Federal Work-Study Program (FWS)

The Federal Work Study Program is a federal campus-based aid program, which provides part-time employment for students who have financial need. Students are paid minimum wage and usually work 15-20 hours per week. The jobs that are assigned to the students are usually located on campus in one of the Kilgore College offices or dormitories. The amount the student can earn in a year is determined by the amount of financial need and other aid awarded as part of the financial aid package. Students are paid on the 10th of each month.

Students receiving Work Study Awards must satisfy the conditions of Satisfactory Academic Progress and are expected to fulfill all expectations of duties, hours, and behavior as assigned by their Department Supervisor. Any failure to perform these functions satisfactorily will result in employment termination. Placement is made through the Work-Study Coordinator during the first two weeks of each regular (fall and spring) term. The Work Study Skills Applications are available in the Financial Aid Office.

Areas on campus which rely on student workers include:
  • KC Residence Halls
  • Student Services Offices such as: Registrar, Financial Aid, Testing, Counseling, Admissions, Housing
  • Business Office
  • Purchasing
  • Watson Library
  • Child Development Center
  • Receiving and Physical Plant
  • Computer Labs
  • KC Police Department
  • Photography Lab
  • The Flare and Ranger yearbook offices
Student Assistant Employment Program
The Student Assistant Program is a part-time employment program for Kilgore College students. Students do not have to show financial need to work under this program. The part-time jobs available are in the various offices on campus. Students interested in earning part of their educational costs should contact the Human Resources Office concerning these jobs. Students are paid minimum wage and work no more than 20 hours per week. Paychecks are distributed on the 15th and 30th of the month. Working on campus is an ideal situation for a student with transportation

Job Placement Services
For students currently enrolled in academic or occupational educational programs and for Kilgore College graduates, the Job Placement Office assists students who must work while attending school. Financial need is not a requirement to take advantage of this free service. However, students must provide their own transportation, as these positions will be located off-campus. Employment openings range from full to part-time in a variety of fields requiring different levels of skills. Employers from the East Texas area conduct on-campus interviews to recruit prospective students. Resume preparation and job search skills are also offered. The Office located in the Ivan Liberal Arts Building can be reached by calling (903) 983-8678.

Residence Hall Assistant
A limited number of Residence Hall Assistants are employed through the Department of Residential Life each year. These students perform specified duties and live in the Kilgore College dormitories in exchange for a free private room and one-half of board charges. Assistants must be enrolled full time (12 hours or more), maintain a 2.0 GPA per semester, and will be required to work nights and weekends. Applications may be submitted to the Department of Residential Life located in the Devall Student Center, first floor.

State agencies such as Texas Rehabilitation Commission, Texas Workforce Commission and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board provide funds to students based upon their own guidelines. Students are expected to make their own arrangements with these agencies well in advance of registration deadlines if they wish funding to be available at registration.

A Veterans’ Certifying Official is located in the Financial Aid Office to assist veterans in their pursuit of an education. Information relating to basic eligibility, benefits, admissions, and advising is available in the Financial Aid Office. Students who are eligible for the GI Bill will be asked to furnish a DD-214. A recipient of VA Benefits will follow a prescribed course of study under the guidance and direction of the VA Counselor, and semester grades will be monitored under the VA and Department of Education Guidelines. In order to initiate monthly benefits, veterans should contact the VA Office as soon as possible, prior to the semester of enrollment. For financial aid purposes, VA benefits are considered as a resource when establishing need. For assistance on eligibility, veterans may call (903) 983-8641.Additional information may be found at or by calling (888)442-4551.

Kilgore Campus: 1100 Broadway, (903) 984-8531 KC–Longview Campus: 300 S. High, (903) 753-2642
Copyrights by Kilgore College, 2000 - 2014  Kilgore College, 1100 Broadway, Kilgore, Texas 75662-3204 | 903-984-8531
If you experience any problems with this page, please contact our webmaster.
To unsubscribe from our newsletter, please click here.

powered by Inhouse