Please read the following Terms and Conditions of Agreement carefully.
You are strongly advised to print a copy of these Terms and Conditions for your records:
- I understand that eligibility for Title IV funds is based on completion of a high school program. If the Registrar's Office determines I did not complete the equivalent of a high school education, the federal and state funds I have received will be cancelled and I will owe KC for this amount.
- When my file is complete, I authorize Kilgore College Business Office to credit the proceeds of my award to my account and collect any balance due from the funds listed above.
- All awards and disbursements are subject to changes in enrollment and attendance prior to the official reporting date. Aid will automatically adjust and disburse based on enrollment through the Official Reporting date.
- I understand that all payment of federal, state, and institutional awards is conditional upon my maintaining satisfactory academic progress and the minimum hours of enrollment as required by the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy which governs my grant, loan or scholarship.
- I agree that I cannot accept federal funds from any other college or university while I am attending and receiving federal funds at Kilgore College.
- I Â understand that all Pell Grant and SEOG Grant awards will be automatically accepted once they are awarded.Â I also understand that I am required to accept Student Loans through Campus Connect on the Electronic Award Letter. I understand that it is my responsibility to notify the Kilgore College Financial Aid Office if I want to cancel my financial aid if I decide not to attend. I also understand that it is my responsibility to withdraw from classes prior to the first class day if I decide that I am not attending Kilgore College.
- Be aware that some classes have a state clock hour reporting requirement for Licensure. Federal Fund disbursements for these programs will be based on what the student earned by the clock hour completion.
- Students enrolling in Flex, Mini, Full Throttle, or Quest classes may have multiple refund dates for financial aid disbursements.
- Federal Student Loans are subject to profile codes which determine the disbursement dates and amounts. In some cases students will receive one, two, or three refunds instead of receiving it all in one refund per semester.
- I understand that to receive Federal Student Loans I must enroll and attend at least 6 credit hours per semester. I will not receive a disbursement to cover charges or a credit balance â€“ if a am a first time borrower -until 30 days following the first class day per federal regulations. Any credit balance will be disbursed 14 days later. I also understand that Loan funds are subject to eligibility and may be reduced based on other financial aid awarded.
For students who withdraw from all classes:
- Before first class day: all financial aid returned to original sources, and student will owe Kilgore College a processing fee.
- Before twelfth class day: all financial aid returned to original sources and student will owe Kilgore college 30% of tuition and fees.
- Â Before the 60% point in the semester: according to federal regulations known as the Return to Title IV Policy, a calculation will determine the amount of aid earned by the student based on days attended, and the amount owed back to Kilgore College and/or the
Department of Education.
- For students who fail to withdraw, and do not attend classes: if financial aid funds pay tuition, fees and books, and you do not attend classes, and do not officially withdraw, your student aid will be removed from your account and you will owe a percentage of your tuition and fees to the Kilgore College Business Office. You will also be responsible for all costs of collection and/or attorney fees
on any amount owed to the Business Office.
I understand that the above issues may result in a financial aid hold on my record, which will prevent me from registering for classes, receiving or sending a KC transcript, and receiving future financial aid funds. If the financial hold is sent to collections, I also agree that I will be responsible for all cost of collection, including attorney and collection agency fees.
At Kilgore College, a student creates an account with a completed and approved Admissions application. Any financial aid award (grants, loans, scholarships, etc.) for which the student is eligible is entered as a credit. In most cases, students are allowed to charge tuition, fees, books, room and board up to the amount of their credit. Kilgore College receives funds by Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT), and your authorization is needed to transfer the funds and pay any charges. By signing this form, I authorize Kilgore College to transfer my financial aid funds received by EFT to my student account. I also authorize Kilgore College to deposit all my financial aid funds received to my student account and pay all outstanding charges. I understand that I will receive any remaining balance due me on the designated date set for institutional refunds. I certify that I am not in default on any loan or do not owe a refund on any grant made under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended at my institution. I understand that my social security number will be used to verify my identity, certify school attendance, determine program eligibility, and be disclosed to state, federal, or private agencies for eligibility purposes upon request. I have reviewed and understand the statement of disclosure printed on the reverse side of this form and realize the use of my SSN is mandatory for participation in federal and state aid programs. I understand that the federal funds I receive will be subject to the Kilgore College Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy that includes a requirement that I complete the minimum hours of the course load for which I am paid with a minimum semester GPA of 2.0. I also understand that semester grades which consist of all F’s or W’s or a combination of both will result in automatic suspension. I understand that Financial Aid Suspension status means that no federal, state, or institutional funds will be credited to my account until I have met the academic progress criteria required by my specific grant, loan, or scholarship. That policy also includes a timeframe rule that limits the number of credit hours for which I may receive aid. I certify that all of the information on this KC Student Financial Aid Application is true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that if I receive Federal student aid of any kind based on false or misleading information.
Financial Aid Office
Phone: (903) 983-8211
FAX: (903) 988-7528
Scholarship and Work Study
Phone: (903) 983-8210
Location: Devall Student Center (DSC) 2nd Floor
Mon-Thurs: 7:45 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday: 7:45 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.